Trigeminal Neuralgia & Nerve Pain
Is this you? You’re going about your daily activities when suddenly you experience excruciating pain in your face, teeth, gums, lips, or mouth area. The pain is intense and stabbing, and it feels like you’ve been hit by an electric shock!
If this sounds familiar, you may have a condition known as trigeminal neuralgia or TN. The pain of trigeminal neuralgia can be so severe it’s thought to be the most agonizing pain anyone can experience.
The pain symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia in your face or teeth can hit when you least expect it, such as:
- While you’re washing your face
- While you’re brushing your teeth
- While you’re shaving
- When you drink cold or hot beverages
- When you blow your nose
- When the wind blows in your face
- When you put on makeup
- Or, even when you smile or talk